FOR APPLICATION FORMS, GO TO http://www.morrisvilleny.com/government/application-forms/forms/
The Code Enforcement Officer (CEO) is responsible for administering and enforcing the NYS Uniform Fire Prevention and Building Code, the Village Zoning Code, and providing for the coordination of all activities relevant to ensuring compliance with appropriate laws, codes, rules, and regulations. In addition, the CEO performs required fire safety and property maintenance inspections.
Village Code is available for review online at http://ecode360.com/MO1477
The information below provides a general overview of when a permit is or isn’t needed. This list is not all inclusive. You are encouraged to contact the Code Enforcement Officer to review your project before commencing work in order to ensure compliance.
A permit is needed to….
- Erect, add onto, relocate or make any change to a building or property
- Convert or change the use or occupancy of a building or part thereof
- Install, relocate or remove interior partitions, walls (or portion thereof) or any structural beam or load bearing component
- Enlarge, decrease or otherwise modify locations of doors or windows
- Repair fire damage
- Demolish any building or structure
- Install or replace a heating unit, fireplace, woodstove, or other solid fuel burning device or chimney/vents
- Install or replace a deck or stairs
- Install a fence
- Replace or repair a roof
- Install any type of swimming pool (including inflatable pools) with a sidewall of 24 inches or more, and all in ground pools
- Use a fire pit.
A permit is NOT needed when….
- Making ordinary repairs (painting, wall papering, tiling, carpeting, or other similar finish work)
- Installing or replacing gutters or downspouts
- Installing or replacing siding
- Replacing windows or doors with equal-size equipment (but you must review plans with the CEO to ensure compliance with the Energy Code)